I woke up yesterday with a sinus headache and blurred vision so I decided to stay home and sleep it off. When I woke up in the afternoon I was feeling better so I used my few hours of quiet time to watch Hotel Rwanda and finish itsy bitsy.
The bag is finally finished and I only had to make a few alterations. Although no board will admit that there is something wrong with the pattern, the rows didn't add up correctly so I ended up adding 2 knit rows, one before the bottom and strap shaping and one after. This seemed to fix all of the RS, WS discrepancies. Another mistake I noticed that I didn't fix was the repeat under "shape sides." If it was going to be used for shaping both of the sides instead of a side and a bottom the second "repeat" should have gone across 101 stitches instead of just 50. I didn't fix this so my bag is slightly narrower on one side (we'll call that character.)
I used the cotton ribbon yarn from Mystical Creations Yarns. I had it hand-dyed in turquoise for another project, but it worked beautifully in this bag. The picture doesn't show it, but there are slight variations in the yarn that give the bag a nice texture.
In other news, the vegan knitters Web ring is finally up. If you are a vegan knitter and you would like to add your blog to the ring please go here.