There have been a couple of changes in my original Olympic plan. First, I had to change the yarn I wanted to use for the cable twist socks to Red Heart soft yarn. My original yarn choice was a little too chunky and since I wanted to use something from my stash I settled on the soft yarn which ended up being a great alternative. Also, I wanted to knit each pair of socks simultaneously on one circular needle, but due to gauge problems and the lack of available needles locally I am now knitting individual socks on dpns. After the Olympics I will find some socks that can be knitted on the circs that I have.
On the bright side, I did complete my first pair of socks one day ahead of schedule! Here are my wine colored cable twist socks. They fit perfectly and it is possible that I will never take them off my feet.
Finishing the first pair early gives me more time to work on the second pair. After knitting a swatch with the teeny tiny sock yarn, I am thankful for the extra time.