1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I am going through a cotton phase, maybe in anticipation of the warm months ahead or maybe just because the soft fibers make me feel happy. Either way, my current favorite cotton is Blue Sky organic and dyed cottons.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
In baskets, in bags, on tables, in drawers- pretty much all over my house.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I learned to knit in college from a book. I always classify myself as intermediate, but at this point the only thing that scares me is steeking so I might actually be advanced.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an Amazon wishlist here.
5. What's your favorite scent?
I like Nag Champa and other muskier scents. I have recently become overly sensitive to fruity scents so I really don’t like those.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I do have a sweet tooth, but not really for candy. I don’t like chocolate very much, but other than that everything is fair game.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I got a spinning wheel for Christmas so yes, I do spin. I also like to sew, crochet, and repair old furniture.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I don’t know why I have so much trouble with this question, but I always struggle to find a concise answer. Right now I am listening to a lot of 1960’s French and German pop. I love the yé-yé girl scene.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
My favorite color changes daily, but I can tell you that I prefer richer, more saturated colors. I hate any color that is created by blending pink and yellow (i.e. peach, salmon.) Right now I am really loving turquoise, brown, and pink.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I am married and live with the coolest doggie in the world.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Yes, well not ponchos.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Hats and silly things that have no use.
13. What are you knitting right now?
A bamboo tank top, a sweater for next winter, and a pair of socks. I am also crocheting a few tams.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
It depends on what I am knitting. I love my Addi and
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Both and they rock!!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I hate this question because it makes me realize how many unfinished projects I have in my life. Let’s just say old.
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Tiki, vintage cookbooks (1950-1969,) pin-ups, and old craft books.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I don’t have any knitting magazine subscriptions. I have yet to find a magazine that doesn’t have dud issues so I just buy what I like when they come out. Saying that, I am pretty impressed with KnitScene and if I was going to subscribe to a magazine it would be Interweave.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I would like to learn Irish Cottage Knitting, but have yet to find a resource.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
23. When is your birthday?