1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Since it is summer I am mainly knitting with cottons. I love Manos cotton stria, Blue sky cottons, and Tahki cotton classic. I am not a big fan of novelty yarns, but I do use fun fur scraps to make hair for my husband's sock creatures.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
In or on every surface in my apartment. I will get organized someday.
3. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I consider myself intermediate, but I like the challenge of more advanced projects. Skill level never determines which projects I do.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
My Amazon Wishlist is here.
5. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I like fruit scents that aren't too sweet and I love spicy scents.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I love candy, but I am not a big fan of chocolate. My favorite sweet treats are the coconut macaroons from the Alternative Baking Company.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I spin a little, but I am not skilled enough yet to do the kind of things I want to do. I also crochet, sew, embroider, and repurpose furniture.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
My musical taste is pretty diverse. I love indie pop, especially j-pop. For a list of some of the bands I really like, please checkout Myspace.
9. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
I love color, especially very saturated colors. Right now I am leaning toward blues and greens and blacks and whites.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I live with my husband and our dog Astrid.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I don't really wear ponchos, but in the winter I wear scarves, hats, and mittens.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Right now I am really in to knitting socks. I also really like to knit foods and silly things that have no function.
13. What are you knitting right now?
Right now I am finishing a pair of socks using the magic loop. When they are done I am going to start some knee socks.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
I love handmade gifts!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
For circular knitting I am starting to prefer dpns, but for straight knitting I like 10" straight needles. I like wooden needles, but not bamboo.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yes to both.
17. How did you learn to knit?
I taught myself from the worst learn to knit book ever written.
18. How old is your oldest UFO?
I just purged my stash and frogged any UFO that was not going to get finished. Now my oldest UFO is only a few months old.
19. What is your favorite holiday?
20. Is there anything that you collect?
Tiki paraphernalia, vintage cookbooks, and 1950's kitchen accessories.
21. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I really want the Vintage sock book and the Loop-d-loop book. As for needles, I really want a pair of 40" Addi Turbos in sizes US0 and US1. I have a subscription to Vogue Knitting and Cast-on.
22. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I would like to learn to do some entrelac.
23. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes. Ankle and foot- 8.5", Foot length- 10"
24. When is your birthday?