I didn't really have enough time after work to really accomplish anything beyond about an inch of the bzzz hat. Since I really want to have something worthwhile in every entry I would like to offer up this truffle recipe compliments of my friend Chelsea. Enjoy!
8 ounces Tofutti cream cheese
2 cups vegan chocolate chips (semisweet, bittersweet, whatever you like)
2 cups powered vegan sugar
optional stuff - more chocolate chips or almond bark to coat, chopped nuts, coconut, cocoa, flavored liqueur, etc.
1. Blend vegan cream cheese and powered sugar in a food processor, slowly adding the sugar to the cream cheese.
2. Melt the chocolate chips in a double boiler or microwave.
3. Add the melted chips to the cream cheese mixture. Blend until it's all mixed in.
4. At this point add a tablespoon or more of flavored liqueur (hazelnut is nice) to remaining mixture if desired and blend a little bit longer.
5. Put the mixture in the refrigerator for about an hour.
6. Roll the mixture with your hands into little balls.
7. Roll the balls in the chopped nuts, coconut, cocoa, etc, get imaginative!
8. Refrigerate until you feel like eating them...mmmm
9. You can also melt some more chocolate chips or almond bark and dip the truffles in that and refrigerate, then they have a hard "coat" over them.
Cant wait to get home and give them a try.
How do you know if the powdered sugar is vegan?
Some sugar is processed through bone char to decolorize it which is the element that makes it not vegan. The companies listed below do not filter using bone char. I hope this helps.
Refined Sugars Incorporated
Supreme Sugar Company
Post a Comment