With my Knitting Olympic projects done two days ahead of schedule I had to come up with a new project to work on at the snb on Saturday. I went to the yarn store that I hadn't visited yet to try to find some dk yarn for making Philip's socks. I found the yarn I wanted, but was hounded by every salesperson working that day until it finally drove me away empty handed. Instead of socks I decided to use some thrift store yarn that I dyed to make the vintage popcorn stitch headband from the vintage knitting patterns site (it is a bonus with the free Stoles and Shawls download), you might remember Michelle's version from about a month ago. I only took one set of needles with me which ended up being too big so I adjusted the pattern to be worked in a larger gauge.
This headband works up really quick; I finished in under 24 hours and I am really happy with the finished product. It only uses about 2 oz. of yarn so it is great for those partial balls.