Today's theme is unicorns so I decided to spin a yarn inspired by unicorns. I started with domestic kid mohair top, some handdyed firestar, silver angelina, and some various pink and purple dyed fibers. I sent everything through my drumcarder twice to get the mohair cloud effect and then I spun it around a commercial lace core (handdyed by me.) This was one of the most difficult yarns I have ever spun- I had books, videos, and diagrams to help but ultimately ended up figuring it out through trial and error. I have been spinning a lot this summer (at least 2 hours of every shop shift since May) and I am really seeing an improvement in my technique. I can't wait to see what I am producing toward the end of the summer.
Post a Comment