- Painting is a thankless task. Most painting time is spent patching, sanding, painting trim, and cutting edges, none of which is very noticeable or rewarding.
- Ceilings are evil. Although I know I am going to be much happier not spending the next several years looking up at unfinished ceilings (the biggest mistake we made in our current space was not finishing the ceilings which are about 50 different shades of white,) the actual task of finishing them was time consuming and painful.
- Nothing is ever as simple as it seems. We have run into a few hurdles in the last month that have slowed us down and I have a feeling that there are a few more to come.
- Dads are awesome. I am actually a little surprised that our dads are willing to go through all of this again after the first time, but they have been super helpful and enthusiastic. Also, free skilled labor is the best thing in the world.
- A good landlord can make a big difference. Our new landlord has been amazing. He seems to really appreciate the work we are doing and has been doing a few extra projects for us. This is really unusual in a commercial space and it explains why all of his other tenants around us have nothing but good things to say about him.
|Outside before we started any work.|
|Outside after we added the first set of shutters.|
|Fireplace in front room.|
|Fireplace in front room with pink paint!!|
We have mostly been working on the inside and I will add more pictures of that when it looks a little less like a war zone.