Here are my answers to the secret pal 5 survey.
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I am a vegan so I only buy plant based and synthetic yarns, the exception to this rule is recycled yarns in which case I'll use anything. I really love trying new fibers such as ingeo, banana silk and soy silk.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? Both, but I have only been spinning a few months.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) CATS!!!
4. How long have you been knitting? Off and on for 6 years, but really intensively for the last 1.5 years
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I have an amazon list, I will update it in the next week.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Mango
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Definately, but I don't like chocolate.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I love to sew, rescue and revamp trash, and cook.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love indie pop that is a little electronic as well as all things Japanese.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I hate the color salmon, but other than that I like everything.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live with my husband and our dog Astrid in an apartment.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) I want to own a store and live in an apartment above it with a rooftop garden. In real life I would settle for just the store.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I had some fabulous hemp/cotton that a friend of mine bought a few years ago, but I haven't found it since. I really like cottons, especially hand-dyed ones.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I hate the cruelty associated with the Australian wool industry.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I love knitting little things that have no practical use.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I really like the womb from knitty, I am on my fourth.
17. What are you knitting right now? Lots of swatches, womb, itsy bitsy, and headphone cozies.
18. What do you think about ponchos? I like some.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circulars although I am warming up to dpn's.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo or other wood.
21. Are you a sock knitter? No, but I have 3 pairs planned for the summer.
22. How did you learn to knit? Self-taught
23. How old is your oldest UFO? I am too embarassed to say
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Deery-Lou
25. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
26. Is there anything that you collect? All things tiki- mugs, coconut monkeys, vintage Hawaiian cards and posters.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Cast-on through my TKGA membership, but other than that I just pick them up when they interest me.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? I check most knitting books out of the library, but I would really like knitting without tears since they don't have that.