Here are my answers to the secret pal 5 survey.
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I am a vegan so I only buy plant based and synthetic yarns, the exception to this rule is recycled yarns in which case I'll use anything. I really love trying new fibers such as ingeo, banana silk and soy silk.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? Both, but I have only been spinning a few months.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) CATS!!!
4. How long have you been knitting? Off and on for 6 years, but really intensively for the last 1.5 years
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I have an amazon list, I will update it in the next week.
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) Mango
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Definately, but I don't like chocolate.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I love to sew, rescue and revamp trash, and cook.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I love indie pop that is a little electronic as well as all things Japanese.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? I hate the color salmon, but other than that I like everything.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live with my husband and our dog Astrid in an apartment.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) I want to own a store and live in an apartment above it with a rooftop garden. In real life I would settle for just the store.
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? I had some fabulous hemp/cotton that a friend of mine bought a few years ago, but I haven't found it since. I really like cottons, especially hand-dyed ones.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I hate the cruelty associated with the Australian wool industry.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? I love knitting little things that have no practical use.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I really like the womb from knitty, I am on my fourth.
17. What are you knitting right now? Lots of swatches, womb, itsy bitsy, and headphone cozies.
18. What do you think about ponchos? I like some.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circulars although I am warming up to dpn's.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo or other wood.
21. Are you a sock knitter? No, but I have 3 pairs planned for the summer.
22. How did you learn to knit? Self-taught
23. How old is your oldest UFO? I am too embarassed to say
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Deery-Lou
25. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween
26. Is there anything that you collect? All things tiki- mugs, coconut monkeys, vintage Hawaiian cards and posters.
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Cast-on through my TKGA membership, but other than that I just pick them up when they interest me.
28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? I check most knitting books out of the library, but I would really like knitting without tears since they don't have that.
I'd must say, Im glad my hubby runs Whole Foods Market here in our city, its a store that sells food and other goodies that you will like. I was out shopping for you tonight and ran across a "vegitarian" cookbook, but thankfully my DH stopped me.."are you crazy" he said! Then he explained the difference between the two. Well, I'll be waiting for you to update your Amazon list. Till latter, Your SP
Post a Comment